The Christian Group, Keller Williams Realty – Fort Worth For Sale By Owner http://www.christiangrouphomes.com
On his radio show, Bernie Christian, The Christian Group, Keller Williams Realty, talks about the 17 reasons you should not sell your home without a realtor. Here are just 3 reasons you should not FSBO your Fort Worth Home:
1. Insufficient exposure to Prospective Purchasers
• Recent studies show 92% of buyers search online – Which is where most FSBO’s are deficient in their marketing
• Only 28% looking at print newspaper ads which is what many FSBOs rely on to market their property.
• Experienced real estate agents have an internet strategy to promote the sale of your home. Do you?
But…where do buyers find the home they actually purchased?
• 43% on the internet
• 9% from a yard sign – Lots of realtors will shy away from FSBO yard signs – Why? Because they know they are going to have to work twice as hard to help their buyer purchase a home. That agent works for the buyer…not the seller!
• 1% from newspapers – Of those purchased – Inferior approach
• That means that the days of selling your house by just putting up a sign and putting it in the paper are long gone.
2. The sales process has Become More and More Difficult and sophisticated!
• Paperwork involved in selling and buying a home has increased dramatically
o Industry disclosures and regulations have become mandatory.
• Percentage of people FSBOing has dropped from 19% to 9% over the last 20+ years.
3. You Net More Money when Using an Agent-Why?
• FSBO’s believe they will save the real estate commission
• Buyers mainly look at FSBOs because they believe they can also save the real estate commission.
• An experienced agent knows how to price a home because they know homes, quality, condition understand better than the seller about comparable properties – getting you the most money in the least amount of time with the least hassle.
• An experienced agent is an experienced negotiator
• Are you willing to work with an agent that brings you a buyer?
o Do you think you have the necessary experience to go up against a buyer represented by an agent?
Who do you think would be most vulnerable in that negotiation – you or the buyer?
• My money would be on the buyer
o And there goes the money you set out to save
• And…if you don’t consider working with an agent on a case by case basis…aren’t you limiting the number of potential buyer’s for your home that are already in relationship with an agent.
o This is a case where you could risk having your home sit there and going stale, missing the opportunity of having a potential auction effect.
o Hot markets that create auction effects usually don’t work for FSBO’s because the seller’s marketing is not sufficient to gin up the interest in the home in the first place.
List your Fort Worth or Dallas home with The Christian Group today or Call Bernie and Terri at 817-269-1660 for your free market analysis. Visit our website www.christiangroupproperties.com
Our Team has buyer agents specialists that can help you buy a home. Call us today at 817-269-1660 and let them find your dream home.